Thursday, December 21, 2017

10 Really Cool Things To Do With Candles

I have been using candles to enhance my magical intentions for as long as I can remember. 
There is something so beautiful and magical about the ritual of gazing into the flame of a candle that has been charged, blessed and lit with the intention of moving and shifting energy in your life.

Here are my top 10 favorite candle activities:

  1. When I recognize that one of my chakras is out of balance, I often will burn the corresponding color of the chakra that needs a little TLC. Root - redSacral - orangeSolar Plexus - yellowHeart - green/pinkThroat - blue3rd eye - indigoCrown - white or gold.
  2. I love anointing my candles with oil to add a little extra oomph to my magic. The type of oil I use depends upon my intention. Ex. for peace - lavender or money - cinnamon. Be sure to research any oil before using it on any candle for safety purposes.
  3. When I feel the need to clear the energy in my home, office or personal space, I burn a black candle first to clear and absorb the negative influences and then I will burn a white candle to bring in the light and blessings.
  4. I love to inscribe my candles with either a toothpick, pencil or inscribing tool with my intention to bring in more of a personal touch to my magic.
  5. I utilize the phases of the moon to help me to either bring in or take away energy. During the time of the Full Moon to the New Moon we are taking away energy. From the New Moon up to the Full Moon we are bringing in energy. 
  6. I always make a point of keeping track of how long it takes to burn my candle. I will then use the timing to determine how long it may take to manifest my intention. For example - If it took 3 hours to burn, then it means my results may take either 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months to manifest in the physical.
  7. I often will use the flame as a divination tool by scrying into the flame and allowing the candle wax and flame to speak to me, guide me and teach me. I always read the wax during and after the candle has burned. You will often find that there are pictures, symbols or initials in the wax.
  8. When working in ceremony, I will use 5 different candles to represent the 5 elements and directions. Yellow in the east /air, Red in the south/fireBlue in the west/waterGreen in the north/earth and White in the center for spirit. The energy in the center is absolutely amazing and sacred. I suggest that everyone must give this activity a try!
  9. I infuse my Reiki energy into each and every candle I use. I add the Reiki symbols to my candles which adds that extra, extra oomph to them. If you have not yet received the Reiki II attunement, any power symbol would work such as an Ankh, the Star of David,  Pentagram or even a Heart can and will enhance your magic.
  10. I will invoke some non-physical helpers such as: archangels, masters of light or ancient deities such as Isis or Lakshmi to help bring in the energy to assist with my magic. There are many different resources that you can refer to help you coordinate the proper colors, aromas, herbs etc. to help align you with the energy of the light-being you would like to work with.
I prefer to work only with my own intentions. Often people will ask me to work a little magic for them. I am always careful to be sure free will boundaries are not crossed and that the intention is in alignment with the universal laws of morality and ethics. Never, ever, ever add someone to your magic without permission!!

Don't forget that a little candle magic does not take the place of being proactive in your life and taking the initiative to change your life where you know you are not happy or meeting your full potential. 

I love using candles as a focal point for my magic and the element of fire sure does gets the ball rolling!

Blessings and Light,


Laurie Barraco

No comments: