We all have the ability to connect to the other side. Some of us have an easier time making the connection than others. I am here to tell you it is easier than you think.
But first, I'd like to share some guidelines that are extremely important.
- The connection to the other side is not like a water faucet, you are not in control of who or when information comes through. Please do not be too attached to making a connection to a specific person. If it is for the highest and best good of all then there will be a message and a connection.
- Be sure to keep your vibration high by meditating, clearing the space (saging) and being in a healthy frame of mind (absolutely no drugs, alcohol).
- Your motives to connect to a certain spirit must be of the highest intention and integrity.
Now on to the fun stuff...
- If you haven't already, begin a spiritual practice of meditating, journaling, reading books or even take a class or two on psychic development.
- Take notes on how the information comes through. Some people are more comfortable with automatic writing. This is when we ask questions then the answers flow gently through our consciousness without even thinking about the answers.
- Before going to bed at night, ask to remember your dreams. Also, you can request a specific spirit share a message with you in your dreamtime.
- When we dream of someone MOST of the time it is a visit.
- The messages often come in the way of music, through other people, sometimes through fragrances, through animals (certain ones keep showing up) and through our thoughts.
- Simply ask spirit to help you fine-tune your mediumship abilities where you can trust the messages that are coming through.
- If at all possible light a candle during your session. Candles light the way for spirit and help create a sacred ambiance.
- To be perfectly honest...the more you develop your psychic abilities the more clear ALL types of messages will come through.
- If at all possible have some questions written down beforehand. It is a good idea to have your standard mediumship questions to refer to such as: Whom am I speaking with, How did you pass?, Is there a sign you reveal to your loved ones? etc.
- There are times when some spirits are not "available". This could be for a number of reasons. It could be the spirit is busy working on their own growth. It could also be the information may be misunderstood and not beneficial to the receiver. There are many reasons. Try to not get caught up in this aspect.
- Use a specific prayer to help you open and close the session. For example ~ I call upon my highest and most divine guidance to assist me with connecting to the other side. I ask only information to come through that is purposeful and loving. Thank you.
- Not all spirits on the other side are of a higher vibration...remember this. They may still need to go to spirit school to evolve to a loving space.
- Be sure to create a filter or a protection system. This may be your higher self or a guide that is the guardian or keeper of the information, making sure that no stragglers get through.
- It is inappropriate to randomly read people as you are out and about. Treat the process as sacred and you will receive more and more exact information as time goes on.
- Give yourself a break. There is a learning curve :)
- Don't forget that animals may come through as well. I have had many animals with people names and confused them because they were members of the family.
- When you are through with your session close with a prayer of gratitude, then break the psychic connection by washing your hands, saging, clapping your hand, ringing a bell or even asking for the connection to be sealed and complete.
Please don't take turn away messages or guidance because this is not who you wanted to speak with. Always trust whoever comes through is for your highest and best good. This "unwanted" visitor may be the opening act for the person you were hoping to connect with.
Most of all treat this process sacredly and be consistent. Consistency will help you improve your connections. You do need to practice any instrument you play yes? There is no difference with developing your intuition.
Blessings and Light,