The Full Moon for July will take place on Friday, July 27th at 4:20pm Eastern. July’s Full Moon has a few extra cosmic elements woven into it and we as a collective are all feeling its glorious effects. Full Moons are always a time when we experience a blast of lunar and solar energy that is enhanced by the astrological signs that it is in. The possible triggers we experience depends upon the signs the moon and sun are in.
Lunar eclipses bring attention to our relationships and this month’s Full Moon brings about two polar opposite signs: Leo and Aquarius. The combination of these two signs will highlight imbalances in our personal and impersonal relationships, our private lives and our public lives, the intimate relationships and acquaintance/friend relationships.
This month, the Moon is in Aquarius and the Sun is in Leo. Aquarius is known as the humanitarian sign where the focus is on what’s best for the greater good and not receiving for the self alone. They are also extremely intelligent, are problem-solving oriented and can be shy, but love being part of a team. The sign of Leo loves to be the center of attention, Leo a natural born leader, is very creative, confident and thrives in motivating and leading the pack. As you can see, both of these signs will have a huge impact for all Lightworkers to step into their humanitarian roles of leadership and healing as a collective. We are beginning to see a rise in people who are seeking deeper ways of fulfilling their spiritual callings and practices.
Feeling the fire, courage and inspiration from Leo’s fiery energy can be a blessing to get you to take action when it comes to moving out of the places where you feel really uncomfortable. Don’t forget that Mars is a fire sign as well, therefore, the desire to do something about your discomfort or the pull start something new is very strong during this time. It may be best to channel your creativity towards doing something physical such as painting, dancing, journaling, singing, rearranging furniture etc. This action will help settle your restlessness and give you some time to process your emotions which quite possibly be significantly triggered this month.
Let’s take a look at the cosmic influences that are woven into this month’s Full Moon
- Lunar Eclipse - A Lunar Eclipse is when the moon passes into the Earth's shadow. The Earth is equally between the Sun and the Moon. This event has a very strong impact on our shadow side, our unpleasant patterns, belief systems, and behaviors. Not only will our shadows be highlighted, but the unfavorable behavior of others will come to light and be placed front and center stage as well. The blessing during this time is that what is not favorable, desirable, or ethical behavior will be brought out into the open for all to work on healing and correcting
- Mercury retrograde - (July 26th - August 19th) When the planet Mercury, goes retrograde, we can expect a few possible challenges with communication, electronic mishaps, being late, anger, an increase in mistakes, a rise in accidents and people from your past coming back into your life. On the brighter side, you have the opportunity for do-overs in different areas of your life like your financial status, re-coloring your hair, preparing your car etc.
- Mars retrograde - (June 26th August 27th) Mars is going to push introverts towards finding their voices and speaking up loudly and proudly. Mars is also known as the Lord of Karma, so you will also be given the opportunity to not only speak your truth with others but also with those who may have intimidated and harmed you in the past.
- Blood Moon - When a Lunar Eclipse takes place, the Moon appears to darken in color as it moves into Earth’s shadow. When this happens, the Moon isn't completely dark, it takes on a reddish color. What you are seeing at this time are sunbeams peeking out from the edge of the Moon, hence the name Blood Moon. The Blood Moon emphasizes the influence of being completely honest and truthful with yourself. When we are transparent, there is nothing to hide or cover up. Often there is a sigh of relief as we clear out the muck within our minds and negative ego. Let's face it, there isn't anywhere that is safe to hide. Everywhere we go, there we are.
- Thunder Moon/Buck Moon - Given these names because this is the month of thunderstorms and the bucks start to grow their antlers.
What You May Experience This Full Moon
- Highly charged emotions
- Feeling really uncomfortable in your relationships
- Boundaries are needing to be established within your relationships
- Heightened sense of intuition
- Dreams are a bit crazy and vivid
- Drama and chaos seems to to follow you
- An increase in disagreements
Here are a few tips for this Full Moon:
- Ground and center yourself, stay present in the moment.
- Think before you act. Give yourself time for your emotional triggers to run their course.
- Write down in your journal what’s happening within you and outside of you.
- Meditate, or increase your meditation time.
- Be mindful of your words and do your best to not overanalyze what others are saying and not saying
- Embrace the Lightworker within you and seek out ways that you can share your light and love with the collective.
- Give yourself extra time due to possible delays.
- Be open to visitors from your past popping in to clear the air. Keep an open mind, heart and ear during these meetings.
- Delve into the intuitive or healing arts with a class or book.
- Write a letter to someone who has hurt you in the past, then read it out loud in front of a mirror. Sometimes it is not possible to speak your truth face to face, a mirror will work as an excellent substitute.
We truly are at a groundbreaking and pivotal point in time as a collective where many are hearing the call of spirit to be more tolerant and mindful of their brothers and sisters. So many people are stepping up to the plate and are taking responsibility for their own healing journeys and then are turning around and inspiring others to do the same. The “What’s in it for me?” mindset is becoming less and less fulfilling for many. Lightworkers are not only stepping into the light but are shining that light so brightly that others cannot help but be positively influenced by it. A beautiful time to be here on planet Earth, indeed.
Blessings and Light,