Happy New Year!!!
Hopefully you will give a few, if not all of these suggestions a fair chance with an open mind and heart. These suggestions are a recipe for success, joy and happiness. Here's to a fantastic, healthy, blissful and abundant 2017!!
1. Releasing Ceremony - Write down all of the things that were "lessons not blessings" for you in 2016. Be sure to thank spirit for all of these challenges because they have made you stronger and wiser. Read them out loud and then let them go!
2. Forgive Yourself and Others - Let go of past disappointments and move on from the stories of pain and disappointment. No one is perfect, not even you ;) Use the past as a guide on how to do things differently for the future because you are wiser from these experiences. Just because you forgive someone, doesn't mean you have to interact with them. By releasing the disappointment, you are letting go of the emotional heavy ties that you have with them.
3. Surround Yourself with Positive and Goal-Oriented People - We are a product of the people and the environment we surround ourselves with. Spending time with people who are happy, successful and who are loving their lives is an excellent way of raising your own vibration and keeping you focused on your future goals. Seeking out a mastermind group is an excellent way of keeping your eye on the prize!
4. Know Your Limits - Overcommitting ourselves is something many of us struggle with and is one of the number one reasons why we do not achieve most of our goals. Writing down your goals with a timeline is a healthy and realistic way to work towards these intentions that you have set out for yourself.
5. Be Open To Constructive Criticism - Asking a respected friend, family member, significant other and or colleague is an excellent way to gage the progress you are making. Sometimes the criticism may be harsh and off base and sometimes they are seeing something that you aren't. By checking in with another, you are able to see what you are projecting to the outside world.
6. Be Mindful of Others Paths and Honor Them - We do not have control of other people's paths and we don't live in their heads and or hearts. This year try to mind your own business and only give advice if you are asked your opinion and assistance. This may be a challenging one, however, your relationships will change for the better as you hold space for others who struggle. For some, simply getting out of bed is a huge challenge. Holding space and praying for their happiness is more powerful and effective than we realize.
7. Take Personal Responsibility - When you make a mistake own it! If your decisions had a negative effect, own it! If you hurt another, own it! If you are in a mess, take responsibility and don't blame others for your decisions. By taking responsibility for our actions, we are saying that we are in control of our own lives and destinies. When we take control and ownership of our experiences, we have the power to change these experiences for the better. I would rather be at the helm of my own ship than giving up my free will to another to choose my destiny.
8. Go On Vacation or A Staycation - Taking time off from work as well as the the day to day stresses of life is one of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves. Taking a break resets your mind, emotions and physical body. Schedule regular trips to places you haven't been before or hunker down at home relax and do nothing. The break from the day to day grind often is all we need to get back on course with our goals.
Blessings and Light,