February’s Full Moon will take place on Tuesday, February 19th at 10:53am EST. By the way, due to the fact that February has only 28 days, there are some years that the Full Moon cycle skips February and takes place in the very beginning of March. This year we are lucky! February’s Full Moon is known by Native Americans as a Snow Moon.
This Full Moon is in the sign of practical, grounded Virgo and in the sun sign of intuitive, nurturing Pisces. The key to working with opposing signs is to find a healthy balance between the two signs. We then add the fluid, psychic and heightened emotions of the Full Moon into the cosmic mix and hopefully we will find and create a happy middle ground.
The Snow Moon was named for the Full Moon in February because February is the month where the Native American people experienced the most snowfall of the year. The Snow Moon brings out our survival instincts. When push comes to shove and the survival of your soul’s journey depends on you challenging yourself to your limits, you must dig deep and give your everything to make it through the difficult times. This Moon shows us that we have everything within us to not only survive but thrive as well.
To make things even more interesting, this month’s Moon is a Super Moon which means that the Moon will be closer than normal to the Earth. In fact, this Super Moon will be the biggest and brightest Moon of the year. Super Moons magnify the lunar energies significantly.
You can expect to experience from the Super Moon:
- Heightened intuition
- Emotional ups and downs for yourself and others
- Displaced frustrations and being impatient
There are a few themes that go along with this month’s Full Moon. The first and main theme is all about getting clear with what the core truths are for you at this time. Virgo is ruled by Mercury and Mercury governs communication. We are being nudged by spirit to go within first and do some deep soul searching for the truth as well as for the answers to your deepest questions and concerns. Next, you are encouraged turn your attention outwards and discern what is real and what is illusion as well as who is being honest and who is being deceptive. Lastly, take the steps to clean and clear your inner and outer houses with integrity, honesty and with new healthy and solid boundaries in place.
Let’s not forget about Virgo’s focus on physical health. Are you taking the best care of your temple as you could be? Are you eating healthy foods? Are you exercising? Are you getting enough rest? This month your body is going to reveal to you what it needs from you. Your body will most likely start to reject toxicity on the inner and outer planes, please pay attention to it and do something about it.
We move into the sun sign of Pisces on Feb 18th. Pisces is going to help us hone in on our intuition, creativity, nurturing side, connection to other realms and create a stronger alliance with our highest self. This Virgo/Pisces combo will bring us truth in our relationships as well as with the situations where we are being taken advantage of and allowing ourselves to be manipulated and vice versa. Yes, you read that correctly. It is quite possible that you may be manipulating others and will have deeper clarity on where, where and how.
Here are some suggestions for you to work with during this time:
- Meditation any kind of meditation will do you a world of good
- Take salt baths, sage yourself and your environment
- Burn a black and white candle to help absorb what needs to be purged at this time
- Burn a light blue candle to assist with your truth finding mission
- Keep a journal handy to write down your psychic downloads
- Create a healing altar for yourself ~ be sure to have the 4 elements on your altar ~ earth, water, air and fire
- Don’t take anything personally and be open to constructive and healthy criticism
- Exercise, get your body moving
- Drink lots of water with lemon
- Wear grounding oils such as sandalwood, patchouli, cedar and pine
- Carry crystal combos such as ~ clear quartz and black tourmaline, rose quartz and amethyst, blue lace agate and hematite and citrine and chrysoprase
- Write down your deepest most perplexing challenges, read them out loud to spirit and then be open to the solutions that will be planted in your field of awareness
- Don’t shy away from challenges, look them dead in the eye and push forward
Whatever comes up for you on a soul level as a challenge is coming up because it’s ready to be cleared and healed. No matter how badly you may want to run from the uncomfortable situations you may find yourself in, don’t run! Sit with the situation. You have unconditional love and support from the physical and non-physical realms.
Blessings and Light,