If you find yourself experiencing difficulty with getting projects started, communication with others, and your electronics seem to be going haywire lately, it could be because Mercury is retrograde at this time. The planet Mercury went retrograde on December 3rd and we will feel the effects until December 23rd. Many of us, myself included, have blamed Mercury for our mishaps when the planet goes retrograde. There are suggested do's and don'ts that can help you survive Mercury retrograde during this potential challenging time.
First, let's define what does Mercury retrograde mean? The planet Mercury rules communication, contracts, paperwork, travel, the mind/thoughts, and ideas. For about 3 weeks at a time, the planet goes backwards which can and often does cause confusion and a bit of chaos in our lives.
When Mercury is retrograde, there are certain areas in our life that would benefit from taking some time to reflect upon. However, there are also some things that it would be best to avoid doing.
- Make important decisions
- Sign contracts
- Buy a car
- Begin a new relationship
- Take anything personally at this time
- Take your time reading paperwork/contracts
- Reflect on your past decisions
- Have back-up plans for travel
- Repair your car
- Re-color your hair
- Review your financial situation
- Give yourself and your space a good clearing
- Release an unhealthy habit
What You Can Expect
- Miscommunication - you may be misunderstood and or you may misinterpret other's words and actions
- Electronics going haywire - computers, clocks, telephones etc.
- Batteries dying
- Angry behavior
- Getting lost, tardiness
- Increased number of accidents
- People from your past may make come back into your life
As you can see, there are benefits to the Mercury retrograde cycle. You are being given the opportunity to stop and review your relationships, finances and the decisions you have made. Your life doesn't have to be put on hold when Mercury is retrograde and sometimes we must sign contracts or have challenging conversations with others. My advice is to take your time and think before you speak, don't take anything personally, give yourself extra time to get to your destinations and have a few back-up plans in place.
Blessings and Light,