Reiki is a healing modality that is passed down from teacher to student through verbal and energetic lineage. There are 3 steps to learning how to facilitate the flow of the universal healing energy. There are a few misconceptions of what exactly Reiki is as a healing modality and what it isn't. Reiki is a soft, gentle and light-filled healing modality that everyone can benefit from. I often recommend a treatment as a follow up tony spiritual counseling sessions. Many people haven't heard or know exactly what Reiki is.
A typical treatment is done on a massage table. The client is encouraged to lie down and relax on the table. The practitioner then will run healing energy (Reiki) through different hand positions over the client. The energy (light) goes to wherever the client needs the healing.
The transference of energy is spiritual, emotional, mental and physical in nature. I often will implement crystals, aromatherapy, a guided visual meditation, and or drumming during the session.
What You May Experience During of After a Reiki Treatment
- Feeling less stressed
- Pain alleviated
- Closer spiritual connection to source
- An alignment of the chakras
- Release of emotional trauma
- Healing of wounds, disease and discomfort
- Better nighttime sleep
- Less anxiety
- Increased intuition
- The ability to solve problems more easily
- Mental clarity
What It Is
- A gentle healing modality
- An energetic transmission of the universal healing energy
- The Universal Life Force Energy
- An alternative method to healing that may be implemented with traditional types of healing
What It Isn’t
- A guarantee to fix all of your ailments
- An expensive healing modality – sessions typically will run $50 – $100 per session depending on the duration of the session
- A psychic reading
- Silly new age mumbo jumbo
- A session is not an attunement. Attunements (Reiki symbols placed in the aura) are given during a training
- Harmful or depletes the energy of the giver and receiver
- A massage therapy session
Everyone benefits from a Reiki session. I recommend scheduling treatments monthly or as is needed depending on your mental, emotional, physical and or spiritual needs.
Blessings and Light,