Many consider the root chakra the most important chakra to pay attention to because it connects us to our physical world. If this chakra is out of balance, we are unable to balance our other chakras as well. The root keeps us grounded and brings in a sense of security in our lives. The root chakra sits at the base of your spine. Your hips, thighs, knees and feet are all connected to the root chakra. Before you try my 7 effective ways to clear and balance the root chakra, I would like to share with you some of the warning signs that your root chakra may be out of balance.
Warning Signs of an Out of Balance Root Chakra
- Issues with the knees, feet, prostate gland, eating disorders and or constipation
- Financial difficulties
- Family issues – not being able to move forward, holding on to the past painful family issues
- Unhealthy co-dependent relationships
7 Effective Ways to Clear and Balance the Root Chakra
- Using essential oils that correspond with the root chakra will help clear and balance the root such as: cedar wood, myrrh and patchouli. I usually put a drop or two on the bottoms of my feet.
- Schedule a reflexology and an aromatherapy session. The massage and the attention that is paid to feet automatically shifts the root chakra.
- Going outside, spending quiet time out in nature, even walking barefoot connects us to the earth and centers the root chakra. If you want to take this tip to the next step, bring a yoga mat with you and enjoy some outdoor yoga.
- Place gemstones on your root center such as: bloodstone, red jasper, black tourmaline and garnet.
- Eating root foods such as: potatoes, carrots, radishes, onions, garlic and beets promote a healthy root chakra.
- Using sound therapy by toning “LAM” or listening to a crystal bowl that vibrates at “C” also helps clear the root chakra.
- Using the following affirmations will help heal the root chakra:
- I am deeply connected to my body.
- I am grounded, stable and all is safe in my world.
- I trust in the goodness of life.
- I love and approve of myself.
- Life supports me.
When our root chakra is balanced and clear, we are confident, our self esteem gets a healthy boost and our lives become more fulfilling when our root chakra is clear. Remember, if the root is not balanced, it is almost impossible to balance any of our other chakras. Be sure to begin with your root first when facilitating any chakra work.
Blessings and Light,